Moodle: Spring 2020 Course Start Dates Adjusted

Moodle: Spring 2020 Course Start Dates Adjusted

by Josh Manders -
Number of replies: 0

Fellow Educator Champions,

Given the College's decision to delay the start of Spring Term by a week, I've made changes to the course start dates in Moodle for nearly all instructors.

Previous spring term course start/end dates:
Start: 03.29.2020 (Sunday before class starts) | End: 06.21.2020 (Sunday after final grades are due)

Adjusted (late start) Spring Term 2020 course start/end dates:
Start: 04.05.2020 (Sunday before late start) | End: No Change (06.21.2020)

*** No adjustments were made for those instructors who have:
A) already made the change themselves and/or
B) who manually adjusted the course start date to something other than March 29th
(i.e. 5-week classes, early start, restricted start, Mid-week class start, Monday not Sunday start, ect...)

What happens to Week 11?
If your course format is 'weekly', you'll notice that Week 11 is now June 14-June 20. You may need to adjust for the compressed time and move content/deadlines for finals as needed. If your course format is using topics, no changes should be required.

Do I need to change my deadlines?
Yes! Without causing major problems for everyone, there was no 'one-size-fits-all' solution to automatically bumping all assignment due dates one week forward. I am actively working on a solution that will allow instructors to do bulk date changes (more on this soon!!). In the meantime, you'll need to check your assignment deadlines and individually make adjustments as needed.

Josh Manders
LMS Admin

🚪ATC Drop-in Hours Suspended, But We're Still Here!

The Academic Technology Center (ATC) remains available to answer questions regarding your course delivery as well as help with software issues or other questions that may arise about your course. We’ve added additional hours to ensure people can get the help they need via email (atc@lanecc.edu), live Zoom sessions , or via our help docs & ticketing system.

M-F 8-5: E-mail atc@lanecc.edu
M-F 8-5: Zoom (live virtual help with Moodle, Zoom, and other teaching/learning technology supported by the college)
Additional weekend support via email:  
Sat & Sun 10a-2p

(Edited by Moodle Admin - original submission Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 1:34 PM)