Initial Course Visibility Error

Initial Course Visibility Error

by Josh Manders -
Number of replies: 0

Instructors,

It was brought to my attention that several courses had mistakenly been set to be visible to students before instructors were ready and manually went through the process of unhiding them. We were quickly able to identify and confirm that ~150-200 courses were mistakenly created with incorrect default settings. Courses that are empty and have not been accessed by any instructor have now been updated to "hidden" status. 

My sincere apologies to those of you who were left wondering how your course settings were mysteriously updated and/or why students already had access to course materials before you were ready. I am in the progress of evaluating and creating a focus group around our course creation processes. My hope is that we'll be able to update our procedures to avoid errors like this one in the future.

-Josh
LMS Admin

📅  Academic Technology Center (ATC) Support Hours Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
The ATC is open to in-person assistance. We are located in Center 208, down the hall from J&J Coffee Shop.

• Email: atc@lanecc.edu | Phone: 541-463-3377
  • Join Live Online Help (via Zoom): ATC Virtual Support (10am-2pm)
    Or join Virtual Support by Phone:
    Dial: +1 346-248-7799 and Enter Meeting ID: 934 628 325

If you are no longer teaching at LaneCC and wish to be removed from this News & Announcements forum, email a removal request to moodleadmin@lanecc.edu