Moodle: Data Recovery still in progress

Moodle: Data Recovery still in progress

by Josh Manders -
Number of replies: 0

Instructors,

Data recovery for Moodle is still in progress and random files within Moodle remain broken. As of 11am, recovery was at 67% complete. In an effort to speed things up, our hosting provider is now running multiple file streams and recovery speeds have increased. Some instructors have reported error messages that are appearing when using Firefox internet browser but less so with Chrome. Individual files are being recovered all of the time, so availability of specific files and the errors that might occur are highly variable between courses. Unfortunately, I do not have an estimated time of completion.

For those of you who are dealing with broken files for this weeks assignments, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience and interruption. Although I expect the recovery to wrap up quickly, I suggest creating a workaround so that students can still have access to the information they need.

Much of the functionality of Moodle remains intact and several instructors have been able to send announcements, re-post material or send links to alternate versions of assignments. An instructor asked if the recovery process would overwrite files if he uploaded new versions and or made course modifications. I feel confident in saying that the data recovery process isn't overwriting edits you make in your course (i.e. changing content, updating quizzes, editing labels…ect). That said, I would avoid re-uploading files or documents with the same filename. It is possible that the restore process could overwrite a file even if the file re-uploaded on moodle was the most current version but had the same filename.

There is an alert notifying students of the issues we're experiencing on the front page of Moodle (classes.lanecc.edu) but I would advise instructors follow up with their students especially if assignments were due. If you need help, the ATC is open today till 5pm and is able to provide assistance in-person, via email (atc@lanecc.edu) or via chat (https://support.lanecc.edu/).

Thank you for your patience!

Josh Manders, LMS Admin